Friday, June 18, 2010

Dad as a brand

Stars of the online world leveraging their popularity into Old Skool media...nothing new (Hello Perez Hilton!) but this guy's rise to fame is meteoric! And with such a simple premise: Sh*t my Dad says. Justin, a late 20-something living with his 70-something acid tongued Dad simply tweets funny shit his dad says.

It's so god-damned laugh out loud funny that I find myself searching for Sh*t my Dad says first up on the rare occasion that I'm on Twitter. And I expect swearing. Lots of it. And hilariously inappropriate analogies. In fact, these have almost become the brand promise of Justin's Dad.

The Justin's Dad brand is now becoming a brand franchise - that's right, Sh*t my dad says: the book. Available at all good book stores. http://shitmydadsays.com/book

What's next - ya mum? :D

No comments: